Update 26/10/18:BMW Group Ireland has decided to carry out a voluntary recall to check the EGR module and replace any faulty components on the potentially affected diesel vehicles.
If any customer has a concern about their car, they can contact their local BMW Retail Centre to organise an inspection or call our Customer Care team on 1890 719 421. A list of retailers can be found here:
BMW Ireland has initiated two separate Safety Recall actions on various BMW models, relating to issues with:
- B+ Battery connector;
- Blower regulator connection.
To understand if your vehicle is currently involved in one of these recalls, please contact BMW Customer Services on 1890 719 421
Background information relating to the B+ battery connector recall.
Following an ongoing quality analysis at BMW, it has been determined that the plug-in contact of the positive battery cable on the front power distribution box can become damaged. This is caused by vehicle vibrations and frictional corrosion, together with a high load current. As a result, damage to the plug-in contact can impair the power supply of the vehicle.
Until the recall repairs have been performed, it is important to note the early symptoms detailed below:
- The vehicle central locking system fails sporadically
- It is no longer possible to start the engine
- Flickering of the instrument panel
- Jerking or momentary power loss from the engine whilst
If the above early symptoms are ignored, a loss of electrical power and cutting out of the engine may occur.
Which vehicles are affected:
The B+ battery connector recall affects certain selected vehicles of the predecessor generations of the BMW 1 Series, BMW 3 Series, BMW Z4 and BMW X1 from the production period March 2007 to September 2011 inclusive.
- BMW Z4 (E89) Produced from 02/12/2008 to 30/11/2009
- BMW X1 (E84) Produced from 19/08/2009 to 15/06/2011
- BMW 1 Series 3-door (E81) Produced from 19/02/2007 to
- BMW 1 Series Coupé (E82) Produced from 29/08/2007 to
- BMW 1 Series (E87) Produced from – 08/02/2007 to 30/06/2011
- BMW 1 Series 5-door (E88) Produced from 26/09/2007 to
- BMW 3 Series Saloon (E90) Produced from 12/02/2007 to
- BMW 3 Series Touring (E91) Produced from 21/02/2007 to
- BMW 3 Series Coupé (E92) Produced from 13/02/2007 to
- BMW 3 Series Convertible (E93) Produced from 13/02/2007 to
Background information relating to the to the blower regulator connection recall.
The blower-regulator controls the blower-motor’s fan speed within the heating and air conditioning system. BMW have discovered that irregularities in the connection together with the movement of the tin-coated connector at the end of the wiring harness could lead to frictional corrosion. This, in combination with very high current flow may lead to a temperature increase.
For vehicles affected, the blower-regulator wiring harness will need to be inspected and a new part will be installed.
Which vehicles are affected:
The blower regulator connection recall affects the certain previous generation models of the BMW 3 Series, produced from October 2004 to May 2011.
- BMW 3 Series Saloon (E90) Produced from 15/10/2004 to
- BMW 3 Series Touring (E91) Produced from 22/04/2005 to
- BMW 3 Series Coupé (E92) Produced from 20/04/2006 to
- BMW 3 Series Convertible (E93) Produced from 28/11/2006 to