BMW Automotive (Ireland) Limited and BMW Financial Services (Ireland) DAC (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”), the data controller is BMW Automotive (Ireland) Limited and BMW Financial Services (Ireland) DAC both of Swift Square, Santry Demesne, Dublin 9.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
(a) Information that you provide by requesting product or service information through the site, filling in forms or completing a survey on our site bmw.ie (“our site”). We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
(b) Information that you provide to our customer services teams, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
(c) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
(d) Information received from our network of authorised BMW i sales agents, BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers.
(e) Information received from our network other group companies and carefully selected business
partners who provide products and services under one of our brands.
(f) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
(g) Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Using your information
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
• to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
• to help us identify you when you contact us,
• for general administration purposes,
• to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
• to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
• to help us recover debts,
• to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
• to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services where you have consented to be
contacted for such purposes (please see below).
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so.
• to notify you about changes to our services.
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
• our other group companies in the Republic of Ireland and abroad,
• our authorised BMW i sales agents,
• authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers,
• our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our brands, and
• our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
• if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
• if necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our companies or, our customers or others.
• in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
• in the process of selling one or more of our businesses or assets or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
• for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the Republic of Ireland.
If you apply for finance from BMW Financial Services, please see the Use of Your Information statement contained in the BMW Financial Services application form for individuals and sole traders.
Informing you about our products and services
The range of products and services offered by us, our approved BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers, our other group companies or selected business partners include:
• BMW / MINI vehicles,
• motor related products and services,
including (amongst other things) vehicle finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance, and
• other products, including (amongst other things) insurance.
Our group brands include BMW, MINI, BMW Financial Services, MINI Financial Services, BMW Motorrad and Alphera Financial Services. Some of the products mentioned above are provided by selected business partners.
We may use your information to contact you with news on BMW cars and motorcycles and MINI cars and other products and services (provided by us, our other group companies or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also pass your information to our other group companies, authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and by email, SMS and other electronic means.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may
inform you when inviting you to provide your email address that by providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time by calling us on free phone 1890 719420, or writing to us at BMW Customer Services, Swift Square, Santry Demesne, Dublin 9.
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on BMW, MINI or BMW Motorrad vehicles and other products and services.
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from an authorised BMW or MINI dealer or otherwise give your information to an authorised BMW or MINI
dealer, you will have a separate relationship with the dealer in relation to the dealer's use of your data and you will need to contact the dealer concerned in relation to any request you may have in relation to the dealer's use of your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right of Access and Rectification
You have a right to request a copy of the information which we hold about you for which we may charge a small fee (the current statutory fee is €6.35)
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.