The terms and conditions of the BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty listed below must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of a claim or termination of your cover. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Your warranty may be invalidated if you continue to drive your vehicle when a fault becomes apparent. Any defects must be reported to an authorised BMW Centre or BMW Service Authorised Workshop as quickly as possible. A minor defect corrected now could prevent you from being inconvenienced in the future.
- An Authorised BMW Centre reserves the right to reject any claim where the cause of the defect is due to non compliance with the service intervals recommended by the Manufacturer and or the Manufacturer’s recommendations for care and maintenance of the vehicle.
- If servicing has been carried out by a Non Authorised Workshop, the Authorised BMW Centre and/or BMW Service Authorised Workshop reserve the right to reject any claim where the cause of the defect is due to inadequate servicing or the use of inadequate parts by the Non Authorised Workshop.
- Your warranty does not cover faults that arise as a result of misuse, negligence, accidents or normal wear and tear.
- Your BMW has been designed and built to extremely high standards to achieve optimum performance economy. Neither the Manufacturer, the selling BMW Centre nor any BMW Group company in Ireland can be held responsible for modifications to the vehicle that lead to defects, unless those modifications have been approved by the Manufacturer, an Authorised BMW Centre or a BMW Service Authorised Workshop.
- The purpose for which your BMW was designed and built was as a passenger-carrying vehicle under normal driving conditions. This BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty does not extend to faults that arise as a result of the vehicle being used for racing, rallying or similar competitive sports.
- Liability for death, bodily injury, or damage to property or any consequential loss, whether arising directly or indirectly from an incident affecting a part covered by this BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty, are not included in the BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty. This shall not be construed so as to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from manufacturing defects or from the negligence of the Manufacturer, the BMW Centre or that of their employees or agents. The vehicle owner should ensure that adequate insurance cover for the loss or damage of personal belongings, property etc., has been made.
BMW PHEV BATTERY WARRANTY.
The BMW PHEV Warranty includes a BMW PHEV Battery Warranty against failures of the high voltage battery as a result of manufacturing defects. In addition to the BMW PHEV Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty, the high voltage battery is warranted for up to six years from the date of first registration, or up to 100,000 Kilometres whichever occurs first.
All high voltage battery repairs under warranty must be carried out by a BMW Service Authorised Workshop.
As per the BMW PHEV Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty, the benefits of the BMW PHEV Battery Warranty are fully transferable to subsequent owners of this BMW PHEV by someone other than an approved BMW Service Authorised Workshop.
MAINTAINING YOUR BMW PHEV BATTERY WARRANTY.
To maintain your BMW PHEV Battery Warranty, your vehicle must be inspected at the correct service intervals as recommended by your on-board service indicator system. Checks and remedial work must be carried out, where necessary during those inspections.
Claims cannot be accepted for technical defects or excessive capacity loss caused by an accident or one of the following reasons:
- Your BMW PHEV model was operated under conditions for which it was not homologated for, e.g. in a country with different homologation regulations to the one it was originally supplied for.
- Your BMW PHEV model was operated abnormally or overstressed, e.g. at competitive motor sports events.
- Parts have been fitted to your BMW PHEV model that were not approved by the manufacturer, or your BMW PHEV model or parts of it, e.g. software, have been manipulated in a way that was not approved by the manufacturer.
- The instructions on use, maintenance and care of your BMW PHEV model (especially according to the owner’s manual) have not been followed.
- The high voltage battery has been opened or removed from your BMW PHEV model by someone other than an approved BMW PHEV Service Authorised Workshop.
The paintwork warranty covers your vehicle against defects such as blistering, discolouration or staining of the visible surface of all painted body panels occurring as a result of faulty manufacture or workmanship for a period of 36 months from the date of first registration without any mileage limitation.
All paintwork repaired under warranty must be carried out by a BMW Approved Bodyshop. Although modern paints are durable and resistant to many external hazards, they cannot reasonably be expected to be totally resistant to all. You should therefore take particular care with your paintwork if you live in or near an area where industrial fallout is prevalent. Please read the relevant section in your handbook on paintwork for more details.
Bird lime can have an extremely corrosive effect on your paintwork and should be removed as quickly as possible.
Since damage caused by industrial fallout or bird lime is not a fault of manufacture, this cannot be claimed under warranty.
All new BMW cars registered from 1st January 2004 are covered by a 12-year anti-corrosion warranty against perforation by rust.
All repair work carried out under the anti-corrosion warranty must be carried out by an Authorised BMW Centre or Authorised Repairer. The warranty covers corrosion, which occurs from inside the metal panels or box sections of the car.
The warranty does not cover corrosion caused by neglect, accident damage, stone chips or other external influences.
MAINTAINING YOUR ANTI-CORROSION WARRANTY.
To ensure that any warranty claims are processed quickly and efficiently, please observe the following guidelines;
- Your vehicle should be inspected at normal service intervals.
- Paint or body damage identified by the BMW Centre during these inspections, including any to the underside or under body protection of the vehicle, must be properly repaired to BMW standards.
- Claims cannot be accepted for perforation that occurs as a result of unrepaired or improperly repaired paint or body damage.
- Vehicles which undergo major accident repair work during their anti corrosion warranty period are still covered by the warranty provided:
a. The correct BMW corrosion prevention methods are used.
b. The repair work is carried out by a competent repairer to BMW repair standards.
- The warranty does not apply to parts, panels or materials that have not been approved by BMW and the BMW Centre or Authorised Repairer reserves the right to refuse claims where defects have occurred as a result of using them.
- Where your vehicle has been involved in an accident and requires bodywork repair this should ideally be carried out by a BMW Approved Bodyshop. In this way you can be certain that your vehicle will be rebuilt to original standards of safety and quality. You can then feel confident that the integrity of your anti-corrosion warranty will remain intact.
Routine service adjustments, which form part of normal maintenance schedules, are not covered by the BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty.
Wheel alignment faults occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect are covered for the first six months or 10,000 Kilometres whichever occurs soonest. Tyre balancing faults occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect are covered up to a maximum road distance of 2,000 Kilometres. Wiper blade rubber inserts are only covered for manufacturing defects.
WARRANTY OUTSIDE OF IRELAND.
Every new vehicle supplied by an Authorised BMW Centre in Ireland carries a 36-month BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty. This warranty commences on the original registration date of your vehicle. During the first 24 months, should your vehicle need to be repaired under warranty within Ireland or outside of Ireland, it may be taken to any Authorised BMW Centre or BMW Service Authorised Workshop. The repair will be carried out under the terms and conditions of the warranty, provided you can show the vehicle is still within the 24-month warranty period.
The third year of the BMW PHEV Retailer Warranty is only valid provided the vehicle is registered in Ireland. However, if you travel abroad and a warranty repair is required, this must be carried out by an Authorised BMW Centre or BMW Service Authorised Workshop. Please retain all invoices and any replaced parts (where possible). On your return to Ireland contact your local Authorised BMW Centre or BMW Service Authorised Workshop who will process a warranty claim on your behalf.
BMW PHEV EMERGENCY SERVICE.
BMW PHEV Emergency Service ensures that professional help is available via telephone for any unforeseen events that could affect the vehicle or charging infrastructure and, if needed, provides assistance at your location. In the event of an emergency, assistance is available 24 hours a day, wherever you are in Ireland, and help is on hand to either recover your vehicle to the most appropriate BMW Service Authorised Workshop or to find the most practical way to recharge it.
For Continental Europe it is important to note the charging infrastructure in these countries are different to Ireland and could vary from country to country.
Therefore, in order for you to make a journey abroad that is trouble free, it is vital that you research your journey ahead of your trip to ensure there are sufficient and compatible public charging stations, together with ensuring you carry the necessary charging cables before you take your vehicle outside Ireland.
BMW PHEV Emergency Service will endeavour to support you if you experience charging difficulties or when your vehicle is immobilised outside the Ireland but support may be restricted due to limitations of charging infrastructures and charging equipment.