The Trainee Sales Executives will embark on a training programme with the aim of achieving the required standards of performance to allow them to become a top performing BMW Sales Executive.
Objectives of the Post:
• To achieve agreed sales targets for new and/or used cars, within defined operating and financial guidelines.
• To contribute to the development of plans, policies and procedures as required to ensure the achievement of all sales tasks smoothly and in a timely manner.
• To prepare and use a planned sales presentation, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities. Including: customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing and delivery; and finance.
• To develop and use Customer Follow-Up and Prospecting systems designed to create additional sales opportunities for repeat or new business. Furthermore, to contribute to achievement of maximum customer retention through the above and effective delivery and handover of vehicles.
• Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
• Maintain adequate records of all sales activities. Ensure the completion of all sale and financial paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure the completion of sale in a satisfactory manner.
• Carry out accurate Appraisals of all vehicles presented for part exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features. Agree valuations with the Sales Manager and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximise sales.
• Handle all customer queries and complaints and ensure they are resolved to achieve customer and company requirements. Advise Sales Manager where necessary and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
• Attend BMW training on a regular basis to maintain product knowledge and increase skills
• Attendance at our BMW marketing and promotional events.
• Achieve the high standards required to become a successful BMW Sales Executive
• General ad hoc duties as required
• Be highly motivated and self-driven to achieve sales targets
• Enjoys working with people.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Able to take initiative and ownership of issues with a proactive can-do attitude.
• Able to multi-task and switch between tasks.
• A team player who offers help and support to others.
• Willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with product and technical information.
• Thrives in a high pressured environment.
• Identifies with and act for BMW culture, brand, lifestyle, and values.
• Acts as an ambassador for BMW and is passionate about the products and company.
Communication with Impact
• Communicates clearly, eloquently and finds the right balance between talking and listening.
• Finds persuasive arguments and negotiates professionally with fairness and respect.
• Customer & Service Orientation
• Creates a premium customer experience. Identifies and anticipates customer expectations and needs.
• Assures that customer issues are resolved and focuses on customer satisfaction.
Flexibility and Desire to Learn
• Adapts quickly to unknown situations and willingly improves his/her own skills and competence.
• Shows an openness to change, innovates processes, and strives for new ideas.
• Easily builds up relationships, is empathic and self-confident.
• Approaches others with commitment, openness and a friendly attitude
Result and Achievement Motivation
• Acts with a focus on solutions and measurable results.
• Strives for outstanding performance and sets himself/herself challenging goals and targets.
Self-Management & Resilience
• Manages his/her time appropriately, taking into account costs and time.
• Prioritises information and works in an efficient manner – even under pressure.
• Facilitates interaction between team members and appreciates teamwork.
• Looks for ways to enhance collaboration and balances the interests and concerns of team members.
• Full valid clean Irish driving licence
• Experience of working in a sales capacity required
• Previous motor retail experience would be an advantage