The ideal candidates will be experienced in all aspects of vehicle servicing and diagnostics and be capable of producing the highest quality work in an extremely busy environment. A minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience is required – ideally working within the luxury car segment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Performing work as outlined on the job card with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and BMW / MINI standards.
• Communicating with parts department to obtain needed parts, inform workshop manager if vehicle is awaiting parts and pursue special order of parts if necessary.
• Diagnosing cause of any malfunction and perform repair after confirming authorization by customer.
• Saving and tagging any and all parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by customer.
• Examining the vehicle and performing vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Notifying service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs can not be completed within the time promised.
• Road-testing vehicles to spot check work performed.
• Keeping abreast of BMW/MINI technical bulletins and attend factory sponsored training classes.
• Maintaining a clean and neat workspace and adhering to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
• Qualified Technician - a minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience
• Ability to clearly complete job card write ups with a thorough understanding of the requirements of factory standards for warranty write-ups.
• Good communication skills and the ability to identify and explain additional work required to service advisors or customers as required.
• Previous experience working with ADP/Kerridge environment would be an advantage.
• Full clean, current driver’s license and a good driving record
• Manual dexterity
• Good judgment
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
• Willingness to attend BMW training if and when required.