Candidates must have experience in Bodyshop
The ideal candidates will be experienced in all aspects of bodyshop painting and be capable of producing quality work in a busy environment.
- Performing work as outlined on the job card with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and BMW standards.
- Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely
- Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface
- Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface
- Mixes paint according to specification
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired colour
- Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate
- Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas
- Maintains tools and keep equipment clean and in a proper state of repair
- Keeps work area clean
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in a manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer
- Complies with all guideline to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials
- Reports any deviations to management
- Assist other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles
- Carry out all work to the highest standard to ensure total customer satisfaction and repeat/incremental business
- Past experience in a similar position
- Good communication skills and the ability to identify and explain additional work required to service advisors or customers as required.
- Experience within the motor industry and with Kerridge.
- Good judgment
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
Flexibility and Desire to Learn
- Adapts quickly to unknown situations and willingly improves his/her own skills and competence.
- Shows an openness to change, innovates processes, and strives for new ideas.
- Willingness to attend BMW training when required.