Objectives of the Post:
• To deal with customer requirements for service and repair in an efficient and courteous manner ensuring the highest standard of Customer Service.
• To contribute to the organisation and loading of the workshop in an efficient manner to allow everyone to work to their full capacity.
• To carry out customer follow-up and prospecting activities to increase work within the workshop and promote the sale of accessories, parts and new vehicles.
• Make customer bookings and plan customer arrival times (where possible).
• Greet all customers at Reception in a courteous and considerate manner and agree their service and repair requirements with them.
• Take ownership responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and workshop parking.
• Complete Repair Orders and inform customers of approximate prices, delivery times and acceptable methods of payment.
• Carry out road tests and physical inspections where necessary.
• Establish the customer’s onward travel arrangements and offer a service loan car or courtesy transport where applicable.
• Load the workshop efficiently using agreed Flat Rate times and our Reservation System without exceeding capacity.
• Monitor progress in workshop to ensure promised time frames are delivered.
• Liaise and update customers to ensure approval for additional work required has the customers consent and agreement.
• Conduct Final Quality Control test and ensure correction if necessary.
• Personally present completed vehicles to customers and advise of any further or future service repair requirements.
• Present invoices to the customers, providing a clear explanation of charges and warranty/goodwill procedures. (Discounts, guarantees and goodwill claims outside agreed policies cannot be offered without the approval of your Service Manager.)
• Promote the sale of BMW and MINI accessories and clothing.
• Manage and update Customer Record Files and Repair Order Register on a daily basis to ensure accurate analysis of Service Department activity.
• Maintain an ongoing customer contact system, including a follow-up call to ensure satisfaction with all work carried out and calls to customers not seen for long periods to demonstrate continued interest in their requirements.
• Ensure the service area is kept clean and tidy and all information updated is in line with our brand.
• Maintain a high level of Product and Technical knowledge through manuals, information bulletins, magazines and attending training courses, with the agreement of your Service Manager.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of Warranty and Goodwill procedures of BMW (IE) Ltd and your Retail Centre to ensure all claims are processed fairly and quickly.
• Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in line with the Health and Safety legislation.
• Proven high level of customer service skills.
• Enjoys working with people.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Able to take initiative and ownership of issues with a proactive can-do attitude.
• Able to multi-task and switch between tasks.
• A team player who offers help and support to others.
• Willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with product and technical information.
• Thrives in a high pressured environment.
• Analyses and evaluates key data quickly and, with the relevant details, applies logics and common sense.
• Makes decisions, commits to actions and takes over responsibilities with calculated risks.
• Identifies with and acts for BMW culture, brand, lifestyle, and values.
• Acts as an ambassador for BMW and is passionate about the products and company.
Communication with Impact
• Communicates clearly, eloquently and finds the right balance between talking and listening.
• Finds persuasive arguments and negotiates professionally with fairness and respect.
• Customer & Service Orientation
• Creates a premium customer experience. Identifies and anticipates customer expectations and needs.
• Assures that customer issues are resolved and focuses on customer satisfaction.
Flexibility and Desire to Learn
• Adapts quickly to unknown situations and willingly improves his/her own skills and competence.
• Shows an openness to change, innovates processes, and strives for new ideas.
• Easily builds up relationships, is empathic and self-confident.
• Approaches others with commitment, openness and a friendly attitude
Result and Achievement Motivation
• Acts with a focus on solutions and measurable results.
• Strives for outstanding performance and sets himself/herself challenging goals and targets.
Self-Management & Resilience
• Manages his/her time appropriately, taking into account costs and time.
• Prioritises information and works in an efficient manner – even under pressure.
• Facilitates interaction between team members and appreciates teamwork.
• Looks for ways to enhance collaboration and balances the interests and concerns of team members.
• Full valid clean Irish driving licence
• Customer service experience within a main retail environment would be an advantage.