Appointed in 1972, Joe Duffy BMW is the longest established BMW Main Dealer in Ireland. Customer care is one of our strengths as we continue to be one of the dominant dealerships selling BMW & MINI in Ireland. We are committed to our customers and continue to make improvements to ensure that we provide the best customer care available on the market.
We are currently welcoming applications from BMW/MINI Automotive Service Technicians to join the team at Joe Duffy Motor Group.
The BMW/MINI Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
QUALIFIED /EXPERIENCED BMW/MINI VEHICLE TECHNICIAN
THE MAIN JOB FUNCTION:
- To undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on BMW & MINI motor vehicles of all types to the highest standard within the scheduled times.
- To care for customers’ BMW & MINI vehicles and property and seek to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
- To carry out all work in a safe, environmentally friendly and economical way.
- To build a bank of knowledge and skills to diagnose faults, carry out tests on BMW & MINI vehicles and effect
permanent and complete repairs.
- To share skills and knowledge to develop others within the dealership.
- To enhance the reputation of your Joe Duffy BMW/MINI Dealership at every opportunity when interacting with others.
Reporting directly to: Service Operations Manager
MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
A. Repair, test BMW & MINI vehicles and diagnose their faults as and when required by Service Operations Manager and supervisory staff.
b. Carry out all work to the highest standard to ensure total customer satisfaction and repeat/
c. Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage.
d. Recognise and report on BMW & MINI vehicles and component serviceability with an emphasis on customer and public safety. Ensure that all faults and concerns are reported orally and recorded in writing on the job card and the Vehicle Health Check forms are fully completed. Serious concerns should be raised with the Service Operations Manager or Service Advisor.
e. Read, understand and implement the Volvo technical service instruction data and improved working practices.
f. Recover damaged or defective vehicles as directed with an emphasis on personnel safety as well as customer vehicle and contents security.
g. Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards to health and safety.
Automotive Service Technician Qualifications:
- Qualified Vehicle Technician (with Papers)
- Volvo Technician experience preferred - Manufacturing training modules completed (desirable)
- Full clean, current driver’s license and a good driving record
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgment
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Offer of employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references.