The ideal candidate will be experienced in all aspects of vehicle servicing and diagnostics and be capable of producing quality work in a busy environment.
- Performing work as outlined on the job card with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Retail Centres and BMW / MINI standards.
- Communicating with parts department to obtain needed parts, inform workshop manager if vehicle is awaiting parts and pursue special order of parts if necessary.
- Diagnosing cause of any malfunctions and perform repair after confirming authorization by customer.
- Saving and tagging any and all parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by customer.
- Examining the vehicle and performing vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Road-testing vehicles to spot check work performed.
- Keeping abreast of BMW/MINI technical bulletins and attend factory sponsored training classes.
- Required to attend and participate in continuous training - online, in the UK and Ireland. There will also be continuous ongoing testing/exams to ensure as a Technician you are up to BMW standards.
- Maintaining a clean and neat workspace and adhering to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Qualified Technician - a minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience - ideally working with the BMW / MINI brand.
- Ability to clearly complete job card write ups with a thorough understanding of the requirements of factory standards for warranty write-ups.
- Good communication skills and the ability to identify and explain additional work required to service advisors or customers as required.
- Previous experience working with ADP/Kerridge environment would be an advantage.
A competitive salary package combined with a commitment to training and career development.