1. Job Title
Retail Car Salesperson
2. Reporting To
3. Responsible For
Shared Secretarial/Administrative Assistance
4. Main Purpose of the Job
- To achieve agreed sales targets for new and/or used cars, within defined operating and financial guidelines.
- To contribute to the development of plans, policies and procedures as required to ensure the achievement of all sales tasks smoothly and in a timely manner.
5. Detailed Responsibilities
- To prepare and use a planned sales presentation, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities. Including: customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing and delivery; and finance.
- To develop and use Customer Follow-Up and Prospecting systems designed to create additional sales opportunities for repeat or new business. Furthermore, to contribute to achievement of maximum customer retention through the above and effective delivery and handover of vehicles.
- Develop and use a planned daily, weekly and monthly sales call programme, as agreed with the Sales Manager.
- Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
- Handle all customer queries and complaints and ensure they are resolved to achieve customer and company requirements. Advise Sales Manager where necessary and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Provide reports as required on all sales activities including follow-up, prospecting, sales presentations, new clients, etc. To ensure accurate sales forecasts where possible.
- Maintain adequate records of all sales activities and personal expensed. Ensure the completion of all sale and financial paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure the completion of sale in a satisfactory manner.
- Carry out accurate Appraisals of all vehicles presented for part exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features. Agree valuations with the Sales Manager and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximise sales. Carryout HPI check prior to delivery.
- Maintain all demonstrators supplied for personal use in clean and tidy condition at all times, suitable for their use as Customer Demonstration cars.
6. Limits of Authority
- Not to supply car valuations to customers without the agreement of the Sales Manager.
- Not to enter any purchase or sale contracts without the approval of the Sales Manager