• Do you feel comfortable driving in snow and ice?
• Have you ever practiced avoiding an object using an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)?
• Do you fully understand what Dynamic Stability Control is for?
• Have you considered fitting BMW Winter Tyres?
• Would you know what to do if you drove into standing water and suddenly felt your car drift?
If you have answered no to any of these questions do not worry. By participating in a half day BMW Winter Driver Programme, run by Rally School Ireland, you will gain the essential knowledge and confidence to drive your BMW in winter conditions on Ireland’s roads.
What does it involve?
BMW Winter Driver Training Programme combines practical advice with actual driving experience. Rally School Ireland’s professional instructors will teach you the theory behind handling your BMW in dangerous winter conditions. They will then accompany you as you practice different scenarios on a specialist low friction surface. This surface replicates winding rural roads in the icy/snowy weather conditions we have come to expect during winter in Ireland. You will experience real-life skid situations, but in a safe environment where you will learn to understand how your actions can cause your car to lose control, how to regain control, and how to prevent it happening in the first place.
What are the benefits?
• Reduce your reaction time, improve your car control and raise your confidence level
• Be safer in slippery conditions
• Learn skid recovery
• Experience the dynamic benefits of BMW Winter Wheels and Tyres over Summer Tyres
• Understeer & oversteer tests
• Emergency lane change test
• Traction control at a junction, mid-corner or low-friction surface
• Experience the stability programmes in a BMW.
How do I participate?
For more information and to book your place on this half day programme, please contact Rally School Ireland on 1890 269 569 (1890 BMW Joy) or via email link below.